DOC Institute Launches Ontario-Wide
Short Film Lab for Young Filmmakers in Eastern & Central Ontario
(Applications are currently closed for the 2019 stream)
This project is supported by the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
DOC Institute’s Short Film Lab, an artistic documentary-focused mentorship program for young filmmakers in Central & Eastern Ontario, is now accepting applications.
The 8-month program is a unique blend of creative mentorship, story development, practical resources, & networking opportunities that will guide filmmakers through the complete process of their documentary projects. Over the course of the program, participants will create a documentary short film, guided by their mentors.
Over the course of the program, participants will receive:
* $1,000.00 to use towards the production of their film.
* An intimate 3-day bootcamp on documentary storytelling, led by an award-winning director and producer.
* Ongoing monthly meet-ups with local Lead Mentors and peers, with a focus on further developing participants’ creative projects and equipping participants with the resources and connections to move forward.
* A subsidized 3-day networking and industry forum in Toronto.
Eligible applicants must:
* Be an entry-level filmmaker (this includes those with no – or very little – paid professional experience in the media industry);
* Reside in proximity to Central or Eastern Ontario;
* Be fully available for program commitments, including a 3-day bootcamp in each location (see below).
Bootcamp Dates: They will be scheduled on a weekend in January or February 2019. Please indicate in your application which dates you will not be available.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2018